[Klug-general] Hardware problem with Toshiba laptop

Twigathy twigathy at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 11:59:14 UTC 2009

"noapic acpi=off" is a good little pair of cryptic commands you can
add to a grub menu entry to see if ACPI or APIC are getting in the way
of things...

There are a couple of (cheap, terrible) modern motherboards which have
different ACPI tables for windows and other operating systems and are,
sadly, intentionally crippled. I think some of these got fixed though
(see http://ubuntu-virginia.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=869249)