[Klug-general] Wifi drivers

nic dan dungeons88 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 21 23:44:56 UTC 2009

Despite Jimmy saying they've reduced the power - there is a newer slim usb model which is high power plus has a +5dBi antenna, which uses lunux friendly rtl8187 driver

http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-WiFi-LAN-Wireless-G-Adapter-5dBi-High-Gain-Antenna_W0QQitemZ120442145976QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1c0ae94cb8&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1240|293%3A1|294%3A50

The same seller has the original 500mw palm device, though its a good bit dearer

http://cgi.ebay.com/Alfa-500mW-USB-Wireless-G-LONG-RANGE-Adapter-AWUS036H_W0QQitemZ300332062226QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item45ed2f9612&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1240|293%3A1|294%3A50

try checking out the diy cantenna mods on youtube if you need higher gain

Aitch