[Klug-general] It’s finally here – the new Kent Linux User Group website

danattwood danattwood at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 9 11:04:09 UTC 2009

 I encourage all existing and new Klug members to register on this site
and add their twitter accounts, rss blog feeds and location in the 'my
account' section.

 New in this version of the website is planet klug/ klug mega feed.
Essentially it's an all encompassing rss feed that will tell subscribers
of upcoming events and aggregate users personal blogs so we can all see
what exciting projects they're working on or what they had for tea. At
the moment the feed isn't to mega - the hope is to add the twitter feeds
into this at some point. We'll also try to get this feed added to the
main lug.org.uk website in the future

 The website itself is also able to tweet as @kentlug. Any new posts to
the site and also new members will be tweeted.

All events will also have a googlemap displayed with them to help you
get to the meeting and these events are also displayed on the Map of
Events to help you find an event near you.

Please let us know if you find any problems with the site, want any
features to be added.