[Klug-general] It’s finally here – the new Kent Linux User Group website

danattwood danattwood at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 9 13:12:46 UTC 2009

> I am failing to get the user location system working, I have filled in the
> address info, but it doesn't show up.

Ok bad design on our part. The location information based on postcode
road etc dosen't work very well. Just zoom in and click on the map to
add a marker.

I've going to look at hiding the rest of the info and rewriting the text
to make it clearer

> Also the default zoom level is abit small, it is showing up most of north
> africa as well as europe. Can we zoom it in abit so it is enough to show
> all user locations, without it looking like we all live on top of each
> other?

we're hoping to expand membership a bit :-)

I'm sorting the zoom now

> Is it possible to change the order of items on the right hand side? Put
> events list, and join the mailing list at the top, maybe with an about
> link there too.

Will do - i'll also add a  contact us link to the top nav

as for the mega feed 3000-a-tron that was going/ is going to be events,
planet and twitter feeds all on one so that people only need to
subscribe to one feed. The twitter feed alludes me at the moment though
as the twitter module won't produce nodes.

A agree with the planter layout and will try and tweak it