[Klug-general] backup options

Mark Leese m.leese at btinternet.com
Tue Mar 31 10:22:53 UTC 2009

Hi Dan,

Your best options are probably either Symantec NetBackup or EMC Networker both have capabilities to backup Windows and SQL/Oracle. Both are quite pricey however they do the job. EMC Networker works by using modules on the client, license is applied on the backup server. The later versions of Networker use a java/web based implementation. Not sure if NetBackup has a web option however for Windows backup and recovery I would recommend NetBackup as you can recover to different based hardware (You can't do this easily with NetWorker as it doesn't backup the hardware hive seperately).

Hope this helps.
Mark.