[Klug-general] Square wooden things

Mike Evans mike at tandem.f9.co.uk
Fri May 1 09:59:09 UTC 2009

Mike Rentell wrote:
> In Britain's greatest film 'Carry On Cleo' Hengist Pod invented the
> square bicycle wheel. His mate chopped a hole through the wall of his
> cave, put one into the space and invented the window frame.
>
> Only we old 'uns can remember such details.
>
> Priceless.
>
> MikeR

Sadly I have to report that I do remember this.  That's the one you got
a lion branded on his shoulder if no one wanted to buy you at the slave
auction - run by Marcus and Spensius.

Carry On films were special to me as a child - mostly because my mother
thought they were stupid.  This meant that they simply HAD to be
watched.  Our father agreed with us on this - and most probably for the
same reason!  My mother disapproved of anything involving Kenneth
Williams as a matter of principle so my sister and I always made a point
of being home from school on time if he was reading Jackanory :)

heh.
MikeE