[Klug-general] Bash scripting help

dan danattwood at googlemail.com
Sat May 2 08:53:40 UTC 2009

Ok i;ve been toying with this for hours now and it's sending me nuts so
here's hoping someone can help

I have the following chunk of bash code;

 Pref="--type='tv,radio,podcast,five,itv,ch4' --since=24"
 zenity --info --text "$Pref"

This works fine and the call to zenity outputs a text box with;
--type='tv,radio,podcast,five,itv,ch4' --since=24; as expected

However when I then feed $Pref into a function if comes out as;
--type="tv,radio,podcast,five,itv,ch4' --since=24; note the double quote
before tv instead of a single qoute

does anyone have any pointers on whats going on and how to fix this?

Dan