[Klug-general] HELP FROM SOMEONE - PLEASE

PatRichardson at aol.com PatRichardson at aol.com
Fri May 8 18:39:16 UTC 2009

After a lifetime of all our company team working with MS Windows/Office
etc, I have put a toe in the Linux ocean and bought a mini laptop running
Linux.  As a trial, we're off on a three week business trip to the US armed with
nothing  more. So far, I'm thrilled but there is one gap in our
capabilities when  travelling without my normal laptop running Windows.

I need voice communication: ideally Skype. Since there doesn't seem to  be
Skype for Linux, their site offers a range of third party programmes. I've
downoaded two of these but can't make either work.

If they have to be written off, is there any other programmes that anyone
knows that would enable us to access Skype, or any other Voip, and have
voice/video communication with our colleagues and family while travelling
abroad  with a Linux computer.

Any help would be VERY much appreciated.

Patrick Richardson

Bell Farm  Annex
Rye Road
Sandhurst, Kent