[Klug-general] slightly off topic?

Paul Littlefield paul.littlefield at bigfoot.com
Sat May 9 11:58:03 UTC 2009

On 08/05/09 MacGyveR wrote:
> Display a street map
> allow me to either draw/drag a line along roads
> calculate the length of the line in miles

The free Google Earth app for Linux will let you draw lines along roads, etc and will calculate the length of the line in miles. I use it for my evening walks.

> It's for my running, I don't want to carry a gps with me, but a figure someone
> might know of anything that can do the above?

OK, a friend of mine has an iPhone that uses the GPS with one its apps that does neat data running data.

http://www.runkeeper.com/

Hope this helps.

Regards

Paully