[Klug-general] Dongle

Alan @ COMM-TECH alan at communitytechnology.org.uk
Wed May 13 11:24:12 UTC 2009

I expected eepcs to have wireless built-in - it's a kind of basic
requirement for a mini laptop innit? ..

If you dont already have one then: all you need is a 802.11a/g wireless
card which has a chipset your kernel will recognise. Atheros and rt2xxx
and well supported. Unfortunately most retailers usually do not specify
chipset and only include Windows drivers so it is easiest to try someone
else's first and buy one the same.

We got in a bunch of these Linksys WUSB54GR and they work "out the box"
on kernels from 2.6.24 onwards. See your kernel version by getting up a
terminal and typing:

uname -a