[Klug-general] In Search Of A Linux Alternative

Gavin Coles gavin at indie-it.com
Tue May 26 08:55:04 UTC 2009

Hi All,

I am a recent Linux convert however there is still one programme that ties me to Windows, that software being Intellect which can be found here: http://www.chaossoftware.com/intellect.asp

Intellect is a contact management and email client and allows me to recall all my clients data in one place, and for my use I haven't been able to find anything that comes close to it in terms of functionality; ease of use and feature set.  However it doesn't run on Linux and the company that makes it is not going to port it any time soon, I have been pestering them for over three years now.

So my question can you recommend an alternative product, preferably an all-in-one solution?

Intellect has the following main sections:

Today module - this gives an quick glance guide to everything that is happening on a given day
Appointment module - the diary, the ability to set duration, repeating options etc
Tasks module - for all those things you need to get done
Contacts module - all details for you contacts, multiple (20) phone/contact method labels, primary & secondary addresses
Mail module - Intellects only weak spot
Memos and Lists module - the ability to have multiple notes linked a contact record

There are many more features such as an Activity Series Editor, USB thumb drive install, network ready, categories and groups, mail merge and on and on.

If someone can recommend something even close to Intellect I would be quite willing to change the way I work and store my information if it stops me having to fire up VMware all the time.

Regards,

Gavin Coles

Indie IT
21 Cunningham Crescent
BIRCHINGTON
Kent
CT7 9LE

Telephone:	01843 848187
Fax:			0870 7051679
Mobile:		07909604131
Web:			www.indie-it.com
Web:			www.linuxisready.co.uk

This message may contain confidential information and is intended only for the individual(s) named.  If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.  Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.  The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.