[Klug-general] Memory sticks

Mike Evans mike at tandem.f9.co.uk
Tue Nov 17 13:15:06 UTC 2009

klug-mail at richayres2.plus.com wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am mystifyed as to what she is doing. All suggestions welcome! rich

Ah well the problem there is that you are a man.  Women have been able
to do things which mystify men since the beginning of time.  We used to
call it witchcraft.  The other day my mother's internet connection
ceased working.  I couldn't resolve it, nor could the helpdesk from her
ISP.  I talked her though unplugging everything and resetting everything
and then installing an alternative modem and logging on as someone with
admin rights (me) all to no avail.  So she decided to put it all back
the way it was and wait until I visited at Christmas: at which point it
all worked again.  Yeah - nor me.

None of this helps with your problem - but you are not alone although
these posts are a couple of years old:

if she is working with a mixture of posix and FAT32 then there are
issues around ownership and how that gets translated.  I do know that
much.  There may also be issues with long filenames corrupting the FAT.

But basically - it's witchcraft.

Mike