[Klug-general] New klug website

dan attwood danattwood at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 30 09:50:54 UTC 2009

This post is really for the benefit of those members not at saturdays
excellent Maidstone meet.

Due to a small catalogue of errors on my part the Klug website has been
been rebuilt and went live on friday night.

The due site is now back to running on apache2 with the additon of
mod_deflate, APC php caching, a theme that supports css compresion and
the drupal boost module which caches content as static html files.

The site also uses less modules, has had non used features removed. The
planet drupal/ klug mega feed 4000 beta 6 has been replaced with the
activity stream module which helps to keep things nice and neat. Users
that register on the site can add their twitter feeds, rss and also
facebook rss feed. In order to do this register on the site, sign in and
goto 'my account' in the left hand bar and then click on the 'edit'
button and then the 'activity stream' button.

The site polls these feeds every 15 mins or so and displays the newest
results on the activity stream pane and also in the rss feed at;
http://kentlug.org/userrrsfeed

I would suggest that people don't save their username and passwords for
the site as this will log them in automatically - logged in users are
feed page form the database rather then the boost cache and this will
make the site slower.

Dan