[Klug-general] klug website only feeds on twitterers?

dan attwood danattwood at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 30 16:29:34 UTC 2009

On 30/11/2009 16:07, james morris wrote:
> On 30/11/2009, "dan attwood"<danattwood at googlemail.com>  wrote:
>

>> On 30/11/2009 14:46, james morris wrote:
>>
>>> true or false?
>>>
>>> i made a comment on stackoverflow.com, nothing overly sublime or
>>> anything, mainly to see if it came through on the klug website - i'd
>>> registered and added my s.o. user-feed to my a/c on klug beforehand, but
>>> not a dickey bird.
>>>
>>> james.

>> ok i think the problem is that you joined the site today - the 30th
>> The last stackoverlfow comment in your feed is yesterday - the 29th
>> the site will only pick up new feeds - otherwise it would fallover as it
>> tryed to import everyones history
>>
> Hmmm. Looking in my S.O. RSS feed (as it appears in FF) I almost thought
> you were right, but the comments begin in the feed, after the
> questions/answers. I guess you could say the questions/answers are akin
> to a blog post, with the comments akin to umm, comments about a post.
>
> RSS is another one of those technologies I've never investigated... Is
> it usual to have a split like this in an RSS feed?
>
> James.
> n.lug.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/kent

ok I see what you mean - If I put your feed into bloglines (my feed
aggregator) I can see your comments so I'm pretty sure this must be a
design descision by the activity stream module, proably to stop it
having to trawl the whole feed and then reorder all the comments. it's
not soemthing i've come across before though.I'll raise it as a query
with the module developer