[Klug-general] Iscsi Target recovery

dan attwood danattwood at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 7 09:15:03 UTC 2009

Hi all

I've running Icsitarget on an ubuntu hardy server here for months. i
have have it tied into an vmware esxi server as part of our test enviroment.

Today however the target lun seems to be completely blank. If I rescan
it in esxi it find the lun and shows it to be the right size and then
tells me thats it's blank and wants to reformat it.

Now i know the lun has 4 virtual machines and i'd really like to be able
to recover these rather then have to rebuild them.

Does anyone have any bright ideas as to how I go about doing this? Is
there a way to mount the lun locally so that I can recover everything
and copy it off somewhere before I reformat it?

Dan