[Klug-general] Alan Turing Pardon Petition

George Prowse george.prowse at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 11:52:39 UTC 2009

Adam Buckland wrote:
> Surely it warrants an inclusion because of the importance of the work Alan Turing performed for this Country, for computing and for the disgraceful way he was treated by the establishment especially given the significance of todays date.

I totally agree with the official pardon and the petition but asking
people to sign up for stuff on a linux mailing list is the wrong place
unless the mailing list is changing.

> Can't see a deviation in the whole posting but maybe you're talking about Alan Turing as a deviation?

It's a deviation from the subject of the ML. Have a look for the "L" in KLUG

> Surely you shouldn't hijack this thread to complain about hijacking threads or is that a bit obvious and recursive?

Actually I didn't. I created a new one as seen here:
http://mailman.lug.org.uk/pipermail/kent/2009-September/thread.html