[Klug-general] Alan Turing Pardon Petition

George Prowse george.prowse at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 16:34:38 UTC 2009

J D Freeman wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 01, 2009 at 12:52:18PM +0100, George Prowse wrote:
>> It's a deviation from the subject of the ML. Have a look for the "L" in KLUG
>
> No it isn't, if it wasn't for Turing, then we wouldn't have computers to
> run linux on...

So we can start discussing Edison because of electricity, Parkes because
of plastic and Lilienfeld for the transistor? If you want that then I
suggest starting a list called KCUG so you can discuss anything to do
with computers.

There has to be a line somewhere and it has to be just behind Linus
Torvalds, Alan Cox and Richard Stallman or you might as well take the
"Linux" out of the name of this mailing list.