[Klug-general] Linux and Open Standards in Public Government Organisations

Colin McCarthy binarysignal at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 10:49:03 UTC 2009

2009/9/3 nicolas diogo <nicolasdiogo at yahoo.co.uk>

> so i wonder if there are other folks reading this list that some experience
> with public government organisations.

Hi Nicolas
I work in a school, which I guess is local government and because I
administer the website I provide application forms in ODT format as well as
DOC and PDF.  I also run the school website on a Ubuntu Server running
Drupal even though we are a Microsoft sponsored school and get access to all
MS software for free.

We also provide students with OpenOffice on a CD when they need an office
application for home use.

It's not much but we are trying to do our bit.

Colin