[Klug-general] Open Street Map Mapping Party

Peter Childs pchilds at bcs.org
Sat Sep 5 18:53:02 UTC 2009

Ok after having a great laugh over something that was Off Topic I'll
now say something that's also slightly off Topic.....

Many of you will have heard of Open Street Map, Its that Open Source
Map that's slowly taking the Mapping World By Storm (and Mapping it at
the same Time) so I've got interested in it.

One of the great reasons why this is so big is that you don't have to
sit behind a computer to take part, and can get out in the country
side.

Anyway I'm organizing a Mapping Party in Gravesend on the 10th-11th
October if anyone what's to come and help out and see what its all
about. No Equipment really required, but GPS, Mobile, Laptops, Paper
and Pencil are useful.

For more info see http://wiki.osm.org/wiki/GravesendMappingParty and
http://www.osm.org.

Peter.