[Klug-general] xorcurses, a game i remade in linux

james morris james at jwm-art.net
Wed Sep 16 09:42:44 UTC 2009

On 15/9/2009, "Alan Pope" <alan at popey.com> wrote:

>2. It segfaulted when i resized the terminal from full screen back to
>80x25 by double clicking the title bar .

Hi Al,

Could you try this version:

http://www.jwm-art.net/art/archive/XorCurses-0.0.9.tar.bz2

And let me know if it still seg-faults on maximize/unmaximize? It
shouldn't, the data types holding the window geometries within the
terminal are of sufficient size to accommodate  terminals x > 127 && y >
127.

In terminals other than xterm there seems to be a problem from time to
time in ncurses receiving SIGWINCH and pushing it through wgetch as
KEY_RESIZE and then it gets the one it missed on the next resize and so
on.

(you can from another terminal find the PID of xorcurses and do "kill -s
SIGWINCH xorcurses_pid" and it will 'catch up' and update the size of
the terminal).

As far as I can tell, it's not a problem in my code, but I don't
entirely understand it. XorCurses works in xterm without any problem.

James.