[Klug-general] facebook group?

nic dan dungeons88 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 22 11:45:21 UTC 2009

LOL

There you go...p*ss-take.....but at least it's effectively humourous, not negative, thanks Adam

Glad to see a little bit of friendly provocation has had a positive effect

Dan A said
"Last night I discussed  putting up a how to / articles section  last
night and I'm going to make this happen. Registered members will
get access to a create article link from which  they will be able to post their articles.
However initially  this  will only be on a trial basis and all articles will go through a moderation queue.
We'll be using Mikes 'simplicity, brevity and content over rant and confusion' as a guidline for submissions."
....having previously said

"Our meetings don't seem to be as structured
as linux-now.us so I don't really see the need to add an addtional or
superflous information to the events"

OK, maybe not the events, but a change nonetheless

btw Dan A, I was looking at the KLUG site yesterday, before it got updated,.....
my quote was a cut/paste from the site at 9pm last night, OK?, thanks for discussing the idea :)

Aitch

> Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 09:48:38 +0100
> From: Adam.Buckland at eurohill.com
> To: kent at mailman.lug.org.uk
> Subject: Re: [Klug-general] facebook group?
>
> I agree with everyone, heaven forbid we try to attract people that
> aren't geeky enough to look at our websites!
>
> I mean, Facebook has over 300 million users, it'd be awful if we managed
> to get some interested in GNU/Linux...
>

> Users.... yuck!

MSN straight to your mobile - news, entertainment, videos and more.

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/147991039/direct/01/