[Klug-general] September Dover Synopsis

Philippe Yates philippe.y at franciscans.ac.uk
Wed Sep 30 08:01:16 UTC 2009

Colin,
I like your use of Scribus - I use it for publishing books (just the
cover art for the moment - the inside is prepared in OpenOffice as so
far the books have been exclusively text and I haven't the time to learn
LaTEx - or however it is spelled) and preparing posters. It took a while
to get into, as I'd never used a dtp programme before, but its power is
incredible. Like you I'm learning, but I'd be interested in tips.

Philippe

Alan Pope wrote:
> Hi Colin,
>
> 2009/9/28 Colin McCarthy <binarysignal at gmail.com>:
>
>> Hi all and thanks to everyone who came to the meeting on Saturday in Dover.
>>

> On the subject of meetings, I wondered if you'd seen
> http://fossevents.org which is an "easily search-able listing of Free
> and Open Source Software events (live and virtual) taking place across
> the globe."
>
> A number of other UK (and non-UK) LUGs are already using it as a
> central calendar. I believe you can maintain entries manually or they
> can pull in an .ical file of your events, to make it automagic.
>
> Just a thought.
>
> Cheers,
> Al.

Br. Philippe Yates, OFM