[Klug-general] How hot is hot?

Jake Subs subs at growdigital.net
Thu Aug 5 12:05:39 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 11:09 PM, Colin McCarthy <binarysignal at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have an X60 which runs hot with Wifi and WWAN turned on. But if I turn
> them off the right palm rest is cool as that is were the wireless units
> live.

Thanks for the hint. It's odd, as I've only noticed it lately in the
past couple of months. Maybe I'm becoming more sensitive to the
temperature as I'm getting older. Like a lizard. ;)

> The X60 is a great laptop, I only just got mine for £134 on ebay.

Absolute bargain. This is by far the best laptop I've ever bought, and
that includes the G3 v2, the ibook G3 and the macbook v1 (ugh,
horrible sharp edges). The X60s may look like it belongs in the 80s,
with it's rugged Capri styling and whiff of Old Spice, but it's small,
compact and reliable. If a tad hot sometimes.