[Klug-general] Recording a show on timer

James Morris james at jwm-art.net
Thu Aug 5 23:35:44 UTC 2010

On 5 August 2010 13:10, Jake Subs <subs at growdigital.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 1:09 PM, Mike Evans <mike at tandem.f9.co.uk> wrote:
>> Surely there have to be some smarts left to operating a computer?
>
> Absolutely! I'm all for keeping Linux _exclusive_! Their terrible
> pricing policy won't work, so I think a sprinkle of
> commandlineobfuscationism is the only way ;)

It's not about keeping Linux exclusive.

If you take away the confusion from the meaning of the word
obfuscation, then the GUI plays a larger role in obfuscation than does
the command line. The GUI hides the workings of the computer so the
<average Joe> can use it. The command line reveals how the computer
works so the professional/hobbyist can bend it to their will.

Typing `dict obfuscation` on the command line:

2 definitions found