[Klug-general] Asterisk

Laurence Southon laurence at southon.uk.net
Thu Aug 12 17:08:21 UTC 2010

On 12/08/10 16:08, Paul Littlefield wrote:
> Does anyone use the Open Source PBX software called Asterisk?
>
> If there is, can a client of mine come and see it in action please?

Hi Paul,

Yes I do, but while it works fine for me it would be quite some work to
make it into a suitable demo for a client.

Have you thought of using a PBX-in-a-flash ISO? You could install that
on a spare PC and take it to the client with a couple of IP phones, (or
ues soft phones at a push).
It installs the OS, Asterisk and FreePBX. FreePBX is the Open Source GUI
front end for managing Asterisk. That's what I use, though I rolled my
own on Debian, and would recommend.

http://pbxinaflash.com/
for the ISO.

LS