[Klug-general] September klug meet.

Peter Childs pchilds at bcs.org
Wed Aug 18 13:23:16 UTC 2010

On 18 August 2010 11:59, Dan Attwood <danattwood at gmail.com> wrote:

>> 1. Wine.
>
> This could be a good talk lots of stuff to talk about
>

>> 2. Dual Boot
>
> I think this has possibly been done to death

 I was only try to avoid making everything too complicated....

>> 3. How to use Open Source Software under Windows (Gimp, OpenOffice,
>> Firefox, Chrome etc)
>>
>> 4. Macs
>
> I'm not sure how much these will interest people but feel free to holler if
> you want to hear or give one of these talks.

Point taken. I don't fancy a half hour talk on differences in Carriage
Returns..... :)

Virtual Machines, might be nice, and tools like chroot, might fit in
with the topic if people want to talk on these I guess.

>> Other Subjects for Future Meets.
>>
>> VoIP, IRC, Instant Messanging, Twitter, etc.
>>
>> Advanced Networking including VPNs, Firewalls (Advanced IPTables),
>> Routing. WiFi, Mobile Internet.
>>
> These are all good ideas - I'll sort out a page on the website so that
> people can come forward and put their names to them or add more ideas

I only said that as list don't work well on Mailing lists and tend to
get garbled and lost.....

Peter.