[Klug-general] Any help....

David Halliday david.halliday at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 15:39:53 UTC 2010

I don't have one, I might know someone who does.

Are you sure that the disks still contain usable data? In many cases a disk
that old will have degraded.Something discussed here:
http://www.linux-magazine.com/Online/Blogs/Paw-Prints-Writings-of-the-maddog/Document-Freedom-Day-March-31st-2010

<http://www.linux-magazine.com/Online/Blogs/Paw-Prints-Writings-of-the-maddog/Document-Freedom-Day-March-31st-2010>And
on a similar BBC article some weeks later (I think I might have mentioned
it).

My (as usual round about) point being that unless you have used these disks
recently/are sure that they have been stored well. There is a good chance
that you might not be able to get much data from them nearly 30 years later.

On a related note, if these applications were written in 1984, can we have a
quick poll of how old everyone on the list was in 1984? I'd go first but it
might make me unpopular.