[Klug-general] This time 9 years ago...

David Halliday david.halliday at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 19:35:54 UTC 2010

We have talked many times about a BBQ... We could try again?

Interestingly it was about 9 years ago that I discovered Linux while doing
my A levels. I couldn't believe that any good alternative existed to
Microsoft (Not including the Apple offering) A teacher gave me two CDs with
Debian on them. I got it working on my laptop with poor VGA support (I was
down to 640x480). I can remember trying the offerings of Gnome and KDE,
sadly at the time I thought to myself "This is very nice but what can I do
with it?". Just over a year later at university that question was answered.