[Klug-general] Help with Ubuntu network install

Oliver Marks oly at digitaloctave.com
Tue Aug 31 18:42:31 UTC 2010

ltsp and dhcp will let you install linux as for default packages not
looked into this myself yet, but you could perhaps setup something to
connect using ssh and use a package list exported from synaptics.

I built the tftp and dhcp stuff into my server management code it
downloads the images for various distros with a click in the browser and
give you a graphical boot over network to select which one you wish to
install.

Its probably not usable at present because of heavy development so i
would not use it but the code may be of use its called usm on launchpad,
you can also install windows using this same technology.

I used to have linux deploying windows and silently deploying software
after installation to a roomfull of machines using this technology.