[Klug-general] Multiple routes out

Laurence Southon laurence at southon.uk.net
Mon Dec 6 19:57:25 UTC 2010

On 06/12/10 18:34, Peter Childs wrote:

> One for the box to get to the internet and one for the internet to get
> to the box?
>
> Which can be done. but if I remember correctly you need to use ip not
> route. where you can do lost of fun and intresting things that you can't
> normally do with route. (Such as use two gateways and two internet
> connections if you wish)

I believe you can, using iproute2. Have read about it, not done it.

However, would it not be simpler to add an NIC to the server and operate
a different subnet with the Smoothwall box? Or alias an IP/network if
there must be only one physical interface.

Apache2 (or whatever) could be configured to listen just on that other IP.

Regards,

LS
--
Laurence Southon