No subject

Sun Dec 12 13:02:08 UTC 2010

"Marvell is throwing the Linux-based Plug Computing platform open to=20
developers=2C and inviting them to design their own applications for the=20
devices.=20
Companies such as Buffalo=2C Seagate=2C Lacie and D-Link will also soon rel=
ease products based on the Plug Computer platform."There are also several 3=
G/usb socketed routers/NAS boxes running arm/linux hackables
Aitch

Date: Sun=2C 9 Jan 2011 11:25:31 +0000
From: pchilds at bcs.org
To: kent at mailman.lug.org.uk
Subject: Re: [Klug-general] Cheap Fanless Linux Box

On 8 January 2011 19:22=2C Julia Freeman <klug at quixotic.org.uk> wrote:

On Sat=2C Jan 08=2C 2011 at 07:03:21PM +0000=2C Peter Childs wrote:

> On 8 January 2011 15:03=2C Colin McCarthy <binarysignal at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I wonder if it could run pfSense and be a nice little router.  Looked o=

> > the Google but cant find any confirmation.

> The biggest issue I can see=2C is what can you do with 3 USB ports and a

> Network Port?

> Ok the USB ports should take USB Hubs=2C but that will add to the

> power consumption and reliability=2C But I tend to want at least two netw=
ork

> ports to make a router....

> Otherwise can't see why it should not work.

VLANs are your friend.

With a single ethernet port on your router=2C and VLANs on your switch=2C t=
hen

you can get away with a stubrouter. It works quite well.

Kent at mailman.lug.org.uk

Does anyone know of any other similar devices.....=20

Just interested=2C but want the best value for money=2C that is likely to w=
ork.
Peter=20

--_dda8ab39-e504-4050-8c95-167139f2fcbd_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B