[Klug-general] University Of Kent (Canterbury)

Graham Todd grahamtodd2 at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 2 17:00:51 UTC 2010

I apologise if this isn't the sort of posts allowed in the group, but
there is a fledgeling Free Software Society at the University of Kent
properly set up but without many members.

Would KLUG consider holding any of its meetings under the joint
auspices of the Society, or help in providing speakers?

Despite having the mirrorservice servers on its campus, where
repositories for all the major distros can be found, students are
required to provide work in Microsoft formats.  A major campaign which
we are getting underway now is to try and get .odt accepted
alongside .doc and .docx formats, to enable students who want to use
open source software to do so for submissions.

We want to raise students' awareness of Linux and all that it can do,
so I hope we can join with KLUG's activities in some way.

--
Graham Todd