[Klug-general] Changing the Standard Gnome Desktop

Paul Littlefield paul.littlefield at bigfoot.com
Wed Feb 17 12:14:35 UTC 2010

On 17/02/10 10:32, Peter Childs wrote:
> I've been using icewm for much of the same reason. problem is users
> want icons on the desktop, and a volume control in the task bar!

This may seem a bit bizarre (and of no help really) but I have gone the exact opposite. I used to use fluxbox (and yes, it rocks for all those reasons stated) but now in my old age have grown to love the fluffy icons, volume control on the task bar and things just working with Gnome.

How odd is that?!? and this from a Gentoo user too!

:-D

Paully