[Klug-general] Linux weather station!

Peter Childs peterachilds at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 06:49:12 UTC 2010

On 19 February 2010 20:37, Benjamin Donnachie <benjamin at py-soft.co.uk> wrote:
>>> Aye, this is my thought.
>> ... and there's no way on this Earth that I'm climbing onto my roof!
>
> Really thinking that I should put it on the roof now...  GULP!
>
> Ben

You can probably get a way with putting an Wireless Access Point in the roof.

Most Access Points can either be connected via Eithernet (Using Power
of Ethernet if necessary) or act as Bridge/Repeater of from you main
"Hub" to increase you wifi range. so all you really need is a power
supply.

Novatech are currently selling them for just under £20 so its often
cheaper to go Wireless than try to run cables.... If you need cable
you can put a second Access Point in the garden and convert the single
back..... Plus wireless is not slow these days, Wireless N is rated at
150Mbps (which is faster than most wires (unless you happen to have
Gigabit Ethernet)

Peter.