[Klug-general] server rack for sale

Peter Childs PChilds at bcs.org.uk
Sat Jan 16 07:54:15 UTC 2010

2010/1/15 Evan Ingram <evan.ingram at cariss.co.uk>:
> Hi all,
>
> got a server rack that we need to shift. Think its a 42u but not
> entirely sure. Its big... taller than me and I'm 6ft6 :)
>
> Been used for about 5years but is in great condition and all the panels
> open/lock and got all the keys and mounting screws/bolts etc.
>
> Located in Thanet and you'll have to come pick it up yourself, anyone
> want to make an offer?? Can provide photos if you want.
>
> cheers
> Evan

On the subject of Racks, What the simplest method of putting a 2U
server into a Rack, is there a trick, or is it more of an art of
levitation....

I was looking for a rock, but don't need one anymore (New servers were
narrow enough to fit in our old Data Racks (600mm), but how deep is
it, you get racks in 600mm, 900mm and 1000mm. Some servers will not
fit properly in the smaller ones...

Peter.