[Klug-general] server rack for sale

Dan Attwood danattwood at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 16 12:16:27 UTC 2010

> The rack has rails vertically with holes and the server has holes at
> the front, that look the right distance apart.
>
> But holding the server while putting the screws in seams a bit of a
> juggling act.
>
> the server rack rails i'm talking about run horizontally - ie parallel to
the floor. They hook or screw into the front and back sets of vertical
rails. they have a sliding mechanism that then pulls out and the server
slots into. You can then easily pull the server out of the rack to work on,
or use as a shelf for a cup of coffee etc :-)

I'm not sure most servers are really designed to be mounted the way you
mention as all the weight would be hanging on the front brackets rather then
distributed on the front and back vertical rails