[Klug-general] Linux Ebook composition software

Michael E. Rentell michael.rentell at ntlworld.com
Sun Jan 17 16:04:39 UTC 2010

On 17/01/10 15:15, Colin McCarthy wrote:
> 2010/1/17 Michael E. Rentell <michael.rentell at ntlworld.com
> <mailto:michael.rentell at ntlworld.com>>
>
>     Good day all,
>     Does anyone know of any Linux software which will take a pdf file and
>     convert it to the page-turning ebook type file for a website? You can
>     buy such software for windoze but who'd want to do that?
>

> Is http://www.scribd.com/ what you are looking for?  It's
> browser/webbased so works with all OS's.
>
> Colin
Hmmm ..  could be. Not seen that one before. Not exactly what I had in
mind. Might be a problem though, I've just had a quick look around the
site. We'd want to sell our books and they answered a query to someone
about 'foreign' buyers and the Scribd management said that only American
buyers could purchase stuff exhibited on the site. That just about cuts
us out.
But thanks for the tip.
MikeR