[Klug-general] Off-Topic: Monthly board and playing game afternoon in Folkestone

James Blake jimmyblake at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 21:11:49 UTC 2010

Hi All

This was the email that I was asking about whether it was OK the post
a couple of weeks ago and I have finally got around to penning it.

I know there is a quite a lot of overlap between the Open Source
community and role playing gamers so I wanted to let you all know
about this regular event.  Once a month, usually on the last Sunday of
the month, the Home Ground coffee shop/bar in Folkestone hosts a board
and role playing game afternoon.  The event it self is organised by a
dedicated gamer who owns hundreds of games that he is willing to bring
and share with all that attend (he is also the Dungeon Master for my
regular Dungeons & Dragons group).

The kind of games range from more familar board games to the
convoluted and have included Ave Caesar, Settlers of Catan, Agricola,
Illuminati, Dominian and Call of Cthulhu.   Role-playing games such as
Dungeons & Dragons, Warhammer Fantasy Role Play, Dark Heresy, Rogue
Trader can also be arranged.

If you'd like to come and can't bring anyone else, don't worry as
there are always at least several of us there each week.

The next session is on Sunday 31 Jan starting at around 3 PM:

Home Ground
41 The Old High Street
Town Centre
Folkestone