[Klug-general] Technical Meeting Saturday 30th January

George Prowse george.prowse at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 16:28:53 UTC 2010

On 29/01/10 16:03, J D Freeman wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 02:53:47PM +0000, George Prowse wrote:
>
>> Why on earth didn't you buy a proper bike? I almost pmp when i saw it, lol
>>
> Because a "proper bike" can't be taken as carry-on on a eurostar and
> seeing as i use the eurostar almost monthly, it is invaluable.
>
> Also in the netherlands you aren't allowed to take a "proper bike" on the
> trains, but you are allowed to take folding bikes on if they are folded, I
> paid for the cost of the brompton in the first year by not having to take
> the bus at my destination train station.
>
> It is also worth noting that the brompton is not my only bike, but purely
> part of my tool box depending on the ride I am doing. I also have my main
> touring bike:
>
> http://quixotic.eu/misc/BikePic01.jpg
>
> Which is a MTB frame with 700x23 wheels, and triathlon handbars.
>
> I also have a pair of vintage british bikes, including a fixed wheel bike:
>
> http://quixotic.eu/Projects/Bikes
>
> So shush with your snobbery on bikes, the brompton is a delightful peice
> of engineering, a joy to ride and serves a purpose very very well.

I'm sorry but your brompton is the most ridiculous thing I have seen in
a long time. Not only does it look funny when folded but people look
retarded riding them. You do know that normal bikes wheels come off? You
could just tie it together with a bungee and not look like an escapee
from broadmoor :p