[Klug-general] How hot is hot?

Karl Buckland buckland.karl at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 31 13:30:42 UTC 2010

Is that the temperature of the CPU, or the temperature inside the laptop case?

Different CPUs do indeed have different temperatures and they can
differ wildly. Laptops also generally run hotter than desktops as
there's less room for airflow inside the case.

I believe most modern CPUs will also underclock themselves if they get
too hot. I'd love for someone else to confirm this though.

Karl