[Klug-general] help needed, samba/windows terminal services

Evan Ingram evan.ingram at cariss.co.uk
Thu Jun 3 13:33:54 UTC 2010

Hi all

does anyone have any experience with running windows terminal services
using samba authentication? Got it working but experiencing very slow
login times; "please wait for the user profile service". Windows is
windows server 2008.

Also does anyone have any recommendations/advice on audio on terminal
services? I've got a wyse thin client (S10) which we intended to use but
audio is coming out very slow and garbled. Another option was to use
existing workstations with a thinstation ROM to load up rdesktop to
connect to the terminal server, but rdesktop doesnt support sound. Is
there anyway to add sound with additional software?

cheers
Evan