[Klug-general] linux/open source course for getting into IT

James Morris james at jwm-art.net
Mon Jun 7 21:09:00 UTC 2010

i spend quite a lot of my time programming (or trying to). i like to
think i am reasonably good at it, but with still a lot to learn..

anyone have any views on course/training in linux/open source
programming/other which are worth looking into (or which courses to
avoid)?

this course in particular interests me:

http://pitmantechnical.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=35:unix-programming&catid=16:open-source&Itemid=14

i've touched on many of the areas in the first seven "chapters", and
this past year begun working with coding multi-threaded applications.

any thoughts/advice?

but i'm mid-thirties, and my work experience is in
manual/industrial/temporary labour, with degree education in art!