[Klug-general] linux/open source course for getting into IT

Karl Buckland buckland.karl at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 8 15:45:47 UTC 2010

Frankly, it sucks. If I could have avoided going to Uni, I would have
because I don't really think the degree I took (Computer Science)
really helped me all that much. I got my job because I have the degree
AND I have all the knowledge on the programming languages I use, which
I accumulated in my spare time.

It's a bit vicious, as obviously you can't get any decent industry
experience without a job and you can't get the job without any
experience. A course, with a piece of paper to show for it at the end
makes all the difference to employers, unfortunately.

Karl