[Klug-general] Now here's a funny thing.

Michael E. Rentell michael.rentell at ntlworld.com
Tue Mar 2 14:18:05 UTC 2010

On 02/03/10 13:24, Kevin Groves wrote:
> I think the * is high lighting by the command line shell you are using.
> Check the perms on the file.
>
> Kev,

Ah, I never thought of that. Don't use the cli much so not sure how to
identify which shell I'm using.

I typed 'shell' into the PCLOS konsole and it returned 'bash' which I
recognise although the system also said it didn't recognise the command.

I did the same with the ubuntu under VirtualBox and it hesitated for a
few seconds and suggested I'd made a mistake and offered a few choices.
But it didn't identify the shell.

I'm sure it is all very easy - if you just know. But I don't.

Some pointers about tinkering with perms would also help.

MikeR