[Klug-general] Kent Digest, Vol 263, Issue 10

Gavin Coles gavin at indie-it.com
Sat Mar 6 21:30:18 UTC 2010

>Message: 4
>Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2010 16:49:02 +0000
>From: Daniel Ellis <mail at danellis.co.uk>
>Subject: Re: [Klug-general] Ubuntu Branding
>To: Kent Linux User Group - General Topics <kent at mailman.lug.org.uk>
>
>My Lucid partition has just updated with this theme.  I like very much
>like the new font and colors.  However the window controls (maximize,
>minimize, close) have been moved to the left, and I think this is an
>extremely bad idea usability wise and I can't find any justification
>for it.

Not going to get in to the whys and wherefores of themes and positions of buttons etc, just to say you can easily edit the position of the buttons should you wish.

Terminal --> gconf-editor --> apps --> metacity --> general

Then edit the line (remembering to back up the default text to be on the safe side): button_layout

That said your theme of choice will affect the end results.