[Klug-general] MythTV and FreeSat

Andrew Spode Miller spode at thinkbikes.com
Thu Mar 11 12:13:15 UTC 2010

Bit of a side track - but yes, the whole situation is a bit annoying.

I know there are alternatives such as iPlayer, downloads etc. - but I don't
want a PC environment when I want to watch TV. It's the whole lean back/
lean forward argument.

MythTV "just works" once it "works" and I can just sit there with my remote
and not even be concerned that it's Linux, but know that it's superior to
pretty much anything else on the market for my needs.

Talking it over with Hannah last night - I feel that going down the DVB-S2
route might end up frustrating - more expensive and less supported. So I
might try and pick up a tried and tested DVB-S card for the moment as I'm
not overly fussed by HD for the moment.

Spode