[Klug-general] OT: Combined Power and RJ45 faceplates

Ian Pascoe ianpascoe at btinternet.com
Mon Mar 15 22:12:08 UTC 2010

All

At some point over the next months I've got to get some internal rewiring
work done to meet IEE 17 regulations at home.  At present adjacent to the
normal wall mounted 3 pin sockets I have a seperate Ethernet box.  I thought
that with suitable shielding there should be a product on the market that
would combine both but I'm damned if I can find anything on t'Internet.  I'm
looking at this because the cabling to the Ethernet/RH45 port is currently
surface mounted along the skirting board and as I know that the ring main
drops are going to have to be replaced involveing chasing out new routes in
the wall, I wanted to combine everything into a nice new single box on the
wall.

Is this a silly idea, or have I tied Mr Google down too much in my search
terms?

Any help or pointers please.

Ian