[Klug-general] OT: Combined Power and RJ45 faceplates

Ian Pascoe ianpascoe at btinternet.com
Tue Mar 16 19:22:59 UTC 2010

Thanks for all responses and advice both on and off list.

Although PowerLine is a nifty bit of kit, I've already got the
infrastructure in place and they do use up a socket which is in this
technological day, something hard to live with.

Yes, had thought about induction between the mains and ethernet and was
going to provide seperate ducts mainly as the mains comes down the wall and
the ethernet would be going up it to the socket.

I think as long as I can make this a neat job and colour match the
faceplates, "'er indoors" will be happy enough.

The other alternative which I'm surprised wasn't mentioned was extending
wireless coverage .... but to be honest like most people these days there's
so many APs in the area that I'm fairly sure the service wouldn't be up to
scratch due to contention etc.

Ian