[Klug-general] Linux Sound Programming

Thomas Edward Groves teg451013 at freeuk.com
Sun Mar 21 06:34:25 UTC 2010

Like comments in programs maybe?

I'd like to see some of this "programming that doesn't need documentation"
but I never have.

Also it's all very well claiming that *you* don't need books but where do
I start on a new subject?
Ask for a simple example and get a chunk of code that assumes that I already
know all the background?

Here's a generalisation for you: all Linux programmers are complicators,
not simplifiers.

So don't just write good code, comment it lavishly.
(Example for Kevin Groves: in your two programs what is ARGV[1]?
It *looks* like it's an audio device but in that case where is the sound
file?)

Apart from that: happy flaming folks.

Tom