[Klug-general] Linux Sound Programming

Mike Evans mike at tandem.f9.co.uk
Sun Mar 21 14:31:06 UTC 2010

> Yeah, it's synonymous with sound if you first picked up an
> Ubuntu-derived cd 6 months ago. I hope it lives up to its promises, I
> really do. It will be the first thing in linux that has since udev

Um, George, Pulseaudio has been in Fedora since F8 (or possibly 7, but I
skipped that version).  No it's not perfect (yet) but it has shown
consistent improvement from  a point where I had to disable it with
certain applications to where it doesn't seem to interfere any more -
but does bring considerable benefits.

All this is, however, completely irrelevant to your initial issue -
which was how to process incoming audio streams if I remember correctly.
  (It's getting a long time back now)  I don't see how banging on about
Pulse is helping you - or anyone else come to that.